Plus: Foot Arch Pathomechanics, Knee Pivot Shift and Sesamoiditis and more !
A. Link to our server:
Direct Download: http://thegaitguys.libsyn.com/podcast-70
B. iTunes link:
C. Gait Guys online /download store (National Shoe Fit Certification and more !) :
D. other web based Gait Guys lectures:
www.onlinece.com type in Dr. Waerlop or Dr. Allen, ”Biomechanics”
Today’s Show notes:
1. “Compensation depends on the interplay of multiple factors: The availability of a compensatory response, the cost of compensation, and the stability of the system being perturbed.”
What happens when we change the length of one leg? How do we compensate? Here is a look at the short term consequences of a newly acquired leg length difference.
2. Medial Longitudinal Arch Mechanics Before and After a 45 Minute Run
3. Several months ago we talked about the pivot-shift phenomenon. It is frequently missed clinically because it can be a tricky hands on assessment of the knee joint. In this article “ACL-deficient patients adopted the … .* Remember: what you see in their gait is not their problem, it is their strategy around their problem.
4.Do you know the difference between a forefoot supinatus and a forefoot varus?
"A forefoot varus differs from forefoot supinatus in that a forefoot varus is a congenital osseous deformity that induces subtalar joint pronation, whereas forefoot supinatus is acquired and develops because of subtalar joint pronation. ”
5. Pubmed abstract link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24865637
Gait Posture. 2014 Jun;40(2):321-6. Epub 2014 May 6.
Arm swing in human walking: What is their drive?
Goudriaan M, Jonkers I, van Dieen JH, Bruijn SM
6. This is Your Brain On Guitar