Forefoot Valgus or Plantarflexed 1st ray?
- we insure that the foots mechanics are the best they can be through manipulation and mobilization
- make sure the joints proximal and distal to the foot are functioning properly
- muscle test and strengthen weak muscles (think about the poor peroneals in these folks!)
- make sure they are NOT in a motion control shoe; more flexible is better
- Make sure their shoe has adequate room in the toe box
- sometimes, we post the insole of the shoe (or orthotic) in valgus, especially with rigid deformities
A little lost? Take our National Shoe Fit Program, available for instant download 24/7/365 by clicking here.
The Gait Guys. Often a valgus slant on a varus reality. Still bald. Still good looking. Improving your gait competency with each post.